BindingDB is a public, web-accessible database of measured binding affinities, focusing chiefly on the interactions of protein considered to be drug-targets with small, drug-like molecules. BindingDB contains 1,116,226 binding data, for 6,974 protein targets and 478,572 small molecules.
There are 2291 protein-ligand crystal structures with BindingDB affinity measurements for proteins with 100% sequence identity, and 5816 crystal structures allowing proteins to 85% sequence identity.
Article Titles, Authors, Assays, Compound Names, Target Names
| Advanced Search
||Combine multiple search criteria, such as chemical structures, target names, and numerical affinities; restrict searches by data source, such as BindingDB, ChEMBL, PubChem, and Patents.
- BindingDB has improved security. We now use SSL to transmit passwords securely, and forgotten passwords are now handled with a reset link. (April 2015)
- The BindingDB results tables now provide links from protein targets to antibodies in Antibodypedia, and from ligands to UniChem. (March 2015)
- Full Search has been replaced by Simple Search, with a greatly improved display format, and the ability to quickly find data pertaining to UniProt IDs and PDB IDs. (February 2015)
- New Important Compounds pages have been added to facilitate browsing for data on drugs, experimental compounds and other known bioactives. (February 2015)
- InChi strings have been added to BindingDB's downloadable tab-delimited files. (February 2015).
BindingDB continually curates a set of journals not covered by other public databases. As of October 2014, the status of our current curation effort is as follows:
- ACS Chemical Biology 2006-2014 (vol 1-9)
- ACS BioChemistry 1962-1970 (vol 1-9), 1991-2013 (vol 30-52)
- Bioorganic Chemistry 1971-2014 (vol 1-57)
- BMC Chemical Biology 2001-2012 (vol 1-12)
- ChemBioChem 2000-2014 (vol 1-15)
- Chemical Biology & Drug Design 2006-2014 (vol 67-81)
- Chemistry & Biology 1994-2014 (vol 1-20)
- Journal of Biological Chemistry 1988-2013 (vol 264-288)
- Journal of Chemical Biology 2008-2013 (vol 1-6)
- Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry 1997-2009 (vol 11-24)
- Nature Chemical Biology 2005-2013 (vol 1-9)
- Medicinal Chemistry Research 2004-2010 (vol 13-19)
- Get all data from an article
- Download all data for a target of interest
- Find and view all data for a target of interest
- Find my compound's targets
|Related Meetings from BindingDB Partners
January 2015. InChi strings are now available for each compound in the Primary Search results pages. You may need to refresh the page to make this work.
September 2014. BindingDB's response time has been greatly improved. We hope you enjoy the speedup!
January 2014. We are pleased to announce BindingDB's new Advanced Search tool, which may be accessed with the link shown above. Please feel free to contact us with your comments and suggestions!